Rather than go into a long diatribe about making resolutions and why that is good, I’d rather spend some time going through my resolutions for 2013, and processing them. More because it’ll help me, than because you want to know. But maybe you’ll find it interesting, as well. Then it’s a win for everyone!
- Get control of the chronic pain and fibro flares I’ve been experiencing. The way I’ll do this is through diet and activity changes. I’ll need to cut way back on carbs (which sucks because I am a carb-a-holic). I will also need to cut back on processed sugar. In the end, I think I’ll be fine with these changes. But getting started will take some pretty serious dedication. The reality is that this has sucked the life out of my life, as of late. And I want my life back.
- Write one chapter a month of my book. I’ve got 2 chapters done, now. But I’d rather make this a focus than let it languish away in the depths of “someday….”
- Get my house decorated so it’s more like the castle I want to come home to. When we first moved in, there was a lot of things we were doing to make the house our home. We stopped, because we were happy with it. But now I’m ready to do more. 🙂
- Manage my finances better. This one’s a biggie. I am one of the very worst people I know with financial management. I’ve been in a hole for a little while, in terms of finances. Borrowing or paying back or overdrafting or…..gah! It’s maddening. So this year, I will take control.
- Read! Read more. I love reading. Why am I not doing it as much? The hubs got me a Kindle Fire for Christmas and, so far, I’ve used it more for Pinterest than for reading. So that will change. (By the way, I’m @theflameinside if you’re pinning and want to follow me!)
That’s about it. How about you guys? Do you do the resolution thing? Why, or why not? And if you have made some, care to share?